Fun (and Free!) Things to do with Kids around Tulsa!
We love exploring our city and entertaining our kids while we do it. Now that the weather is keeping us inside a little more, I thought I would share a few of my family’s favorite things to do around Tulsa.
- Second Saturdays! This is an awesome, FREE event the second Saturday of every month. Each child receives an awesome Art Case with some supplies their first visit, then receives a new item at each subsequent event. There are multiple activities set up, so kids can get creative and have fun! This is great for kids of all ages. If you’re looking to ditch the kids, the “adult” version of this is Third Thursdays!
- Holiday Lights: Philbrook Museum has some beautiful Christmas lights to check out in the evening!
- Bass Pro
- Even when it’s not the holiday season, Bass Pro’s vast taxidermy collection, large fish tank, and numerous cots/chairs/random items to try out can keep my kiddos busy for hours. During the holiday season, they have an awesome Santa and other fun (and FREE!) activities for the kids.
- Home Depot
- The first Saturday of each month from 9-12, Home Depot offers Kids Workshops. We checked it out last weekend, and Liv loved building and painting her own little bank. It’s free and fun! The kids get to play with tools, develop some real skills, and make a mess somewhere other than our house. It’s first come, first serve.
- Birthday Parties: Yup, your kiddo can have their birthday party at Home Depot and each kid gets to keep their own project they complete.
- Lowes also has a workshop for kids called “Build and Grow.” You have to register ahead of time, but other than that it’s similar to Home Depot. The next event is 12/12 at 10AM, and the kiddos get to build a train engine. Check here for more information: https://lowesbuildandgrow.com/pages/default.aspx
- The Children’s Museum
- There is something for kids of all ages here! It’s a great place for them to burn off steam on a cold (or really hot) day!
- The Zoo
- Hard to go wrong with the zoo. The carousel and train are a blast, and the indoor exhibits are great for cold weather days.
- Oklahoma Aquarium
- Another great place to let the kids burn off steam when the weather won’t cooperate!
- Basically a treasure hunt! A great way to go on an adventure here in Tulsa, or anywhere you visit. Great for older kids, and gets the whole family working together.
- Turkey Mountain!
- Get out and hike! It is really beautiful out there right now with the changing leaves, and it is pretty well protected from the wind so even on a chilly day it can be a blast.
What are your favorite spots around Tulsa for kids?! Share them with us!