Get to Know
Dr. Melissa Trumbo
Dr. Melissa Trumbo was born in the U.S. Naval Hospital in Yokosuka, Japan, and grew up in Zalma, Missouri. She received her Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the College of the Ozarks in Branson, MO, before getting her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry. During her graduation, Dr. Trumbo was sworn in as a U.S. Navy lieutenant to provide general dentistry services to active duty military members and their families.
Memberships and Accreditations:
- American Association of Orthodontics
- United States Navy Ribbons
- Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (August 2014)
- Global War on Terrorism Service Ribbon (December 2013)
- National Defense Service Ribbon (June 2013)
- 62 Positive patient comment cards Evans Dental Clinic Okinawa, Japan (2014 – April 2018)
- Missouri Area Health Education Center member (2009 – 2013)
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity (2009 – 2013)
- Missouri Dental Association (2009 – 2013)
- President of Business Undergraduate Society (August 2006 – May 2008)
Dr. Melissa Trumbo
Dr. Trumbo spent four years in Okinawa, Japan, and touring several countries in Asia working as a general dentist. She’s traveled to Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Taiwan, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Hong Kong.
She returned to the United States and Las Vegas, where she began her residency at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas. There, she studied Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and graduated in 2021.
When she’s not caring for patients, Dr. Trumbo enjoys traveling, hiking, cooking, and exercising. She’s a self-proclaimed “foodie.” She also enjoys spending time with her family — husband Ty, sons Fenton and Lennox, and their leopard gecko Rocky.
“I think Emily is probably one of the most giving, compassionate people that I’ve ever met. Not even just as an orthodontist, but as a person. She just sees the good in people and wants to pay it forward, and I feel like that’s just so kind hearted for her to do those things.”
– Dr. Phyllis Higgins
Carter & Higgins Orthodontics
Handcrafted Smiles for Truly Personalized Care
At Carter & Higgins Orthodontics, our goal is to serve our patients and their families — not just their teeth. We take our time with every single patient, to ensure that you get the best possible care.Free Consultation